Licences for Staff Meetings at Christian Organisations
Licence: Church Copyright Licence (CCL)
Some Christian now reproduce the words of hymns and worship songs for use in staff meetings.
Every time you reproduce song words, you must first ensure that you have obtained permission from the copyright owner. This can be a costly and time consuming process. To simplify matters, CCLI has introduced the Church Copyright Licence which covers songs owned by publishers and song writers, providing the licence holder with an affordable solution to their copyright needs.
With the CCL you can:
- Type song words into your computer and store* them.
- Create your own service sheets and handouts to your congregation.
- Create your own OHP acetates.
- Create your own song words database for use with song projection software.
- Audio/video record music from your services for those unable to attend, or as a keepsake.
The number of publishers covered by this licence increases continually. Click here to view the list.
* Some publishers now provide song words on CD-Roms. Please refer to the additional information they provide since you may need a CCL to store them on your computer.
Licence Fees & Apply Now:
Contact us for licences and to apply for this licence.
Using your CCL:
- Copyright lines - Each time you reproduce song lyrics you must include the following information, regardless of the format you are using.
[author], © [year, owner], [your licence number] eg.
Fred Smiley, © 2007 Happy Music Ltd., CCL Licence No. 123456
If you have made a service sheet/book, you only need to include author, date and owner details underneath each song with the following acknowledgement somewhere in the sheet/book:
All songs covered by CCLI have been reproduced under the CCL Licence No. [your licence number].
- Reporting - Under the Terms of Agreement of your licence you are also required to report which song lyrics you reproduce. Click here for CopyReport.
- Contact Details - As your licence is held by your organisation you are required to provide CCLI with contact details so we can contact you with updates to your licence.
If you need to photocopy from publications for your staff meetings contact us for more information.
Links to: SongSelect / Create / FAQs / Terms of Agreement / CopyReport